Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Time: 1:20-2:51 (Day of Mercury – Hour of the Sun and Venus)
Sun Phase: Set
Moon Phase: Waning Crescent 13% Full
Activities: Rite of Purification by Water, Relaxation Ritual and Fourfold Breath, Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram with the Sword of Hiereus, Invocation of Osiris + Formulation of the Godform of Ousiri, Great Invocation of the Light (QC, R.B.D.L., Q.C., A.K.), Adoration of the Lord of the Universe, Themis Meditation, Adoration of the Lord of the Universe, Maat Meditation, Adoration of the Lord of the Universe, THME Meditation, Adoration of the Lord of the Universe, Assumption of the Godform of THME, Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram with the Hegemon’s Wand, Request for Guidance from THME, Stepping out of Godform, Thanking of the Elements, Formal Temple Closing and License to Depart
Before discussing the ritual work, I should note that today was a productive way in other aspects of G.’.D.’. study. I continued painting of my Fylfot Cross Badge in Elemental flashing colours, I created study guides for the new Neophyte who is joining the O.’.A.’.L.’. on Sunday, and I printed out and coloured in images of all of the Godforms of the Neophyte Hall. In addition to this, the ritual work was fairly extensive. Most of the rituals felt more or less the same as last time, with a few exceptions:
(1) I invoked Osiris with the Hierophant’s wand. Once the Godform was formulated clearly, I asked Ousiri to project his energy into the Hierophant’s wand that it might be consecrated thereby and endowed with the power to attract the Light like a lightning-rod attracts lightning. He accepted and I felt a noticeable influx in the wand as he did so. I asked him to make the wand an anchor for the current of Divine power that he represented. He put his hand upon the wand a final time and it was done.
(2) The presence of the Godform of Osiris in the East throughout the ceremony added a noticeable effect to the feel of the rituals. The presence of such a potent source of energy in the East was apparent throughout; I found that the QC and Invocation of the Light felt as if they had an added boost to them. Even though I was not vibrating the Names loudly due to not wishing to wake my loved ones at 2 in the morning, I nonetheless felt the Light almost to a dizzying extent at some points.
(3) After the Themis meditation, I had the decidedly non-Golden Dawn intuition to remove my robe and perform the remaining rituals essentially ‘skyclad,’ with the exception of my Nemyss. Unfortunately, this did not have a very positive effect on the work; it was more distracting than anything else.
(4) After the final LBRP, I asked Themis-Maat-Thme if they could give me some advice for improving visualization/astral senses abilities. Osiris and Maat stated that they would help me, but that only concentration exercises and a great deal of practice would fully develop my abilities. Hard work would be needed; they could not supply me with an easy shortcut. I surprise this came as no real suprise; when was the work of the ceremonial magician ever easy?
(5) During the Invocation of the Archangels, I felt a true spiritual presence in the room, which came with a feeling of lightness and inner peace, which was both pleasant and inspiring.
Overall, the rituals proceeded acceptably, but there were no significant revelations or memorable ‘peak experiences.’ I consider the ‘skyclad’ experiment to have revealed that Golden Dawn work is best done, at least for me, in the robe.
Khabs am Pekht. Konx om Pax. Light in Extension.