By Frater SC.F.V.
Altar set-up for Pentacle Consecration. This article and all pictures contained therein are offered to mighty El in the name and honour of great Archangel Sachiel, and holy Angels Netoniel, Tzedeqiah, Devachiel, and Parasiel.
Phase I – First Hour of Jupiter
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Sun Phase: Dawn
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous (151 degrees) in 0 degrees Gemini/cusp of Taurus
Mansion of the Moon: #5, al-Haqah
Planetary Day: Day of Jupiter
Planetary Hour: First Hour of Jupiter
Activities: Solomonic Ritual Bathing with Hyssop; Offerings to the Most High and to Saint Cyprian of Antioch; Crafting Jupiterian sympathetic bags; Solomonic Bell Sounding to the Spirits of the Quarters; Prayers of Intent; Inscribing the Vigil of Sachiel with his Sigil from the Heptameron; Tracing out the First Pentacle of Jupiter on the Tablet of Lights; Prayers, Psalms and Temple Closing.
Today is a day of magic that has been nearly a year in the making. Over the past months, I have been preparing for this ritual, updating and crafting new implements, learning from Saint Cyprian of Antioch and from my own deep research into the grimoires, and waiting for a decent Jupiterian election. I was delayed from moving forward for a 5 months due to Jupiter being in retrograde. Thereafter, I was further delayed by Jupiter being in Scorpio and then being negatively afflicted by Mars and Saturn. Finally, the coast is clear to craft Jupiter Pentacles and having selected this date months ago and worked incredibly hard to get to this point, I am overjoyed to be able to proceed.
Not only is it the Day of Jupiter, which is also conjunct with Mercury, but the Moon is waxing powerfully at 151 degrees Gibbous and has entered a very quasi-Jupiterian Mansion, the Lunar Mansion of al-Haqah, meaning the White Spot or the Crown. Of this Mansion, Picatrix says that it is well-suited to “receiving favour from Kings,” the ultimate emblems of Kingly Jupiter. Agrippa adds that it this Mansion also “gives health and good will.” Christopher Warnock further states that:
“Al-Haqah’s image is a crowned head, befitting the Martial and Mercurial nature of its stars. This is a Mansion of thought and mind. It signifies the energy of the Mind of the Universe, particularly as manifest in the intellect of each person. It indicates the successful solution of an intellectual problem or the necessity of applying intelligence to a current dilemma. The image of the king signifies success in seeking a favor, a raise or job from a superior. It also alludes to the metaphor of the mind as king, ruling over the body, as the king rules over the body politic. It calls upon us to apply our intelligence in a noble and honorable fashion, and not to resort to low cunning or trickery. Keywords: Universal body, favor, intellectual activity, health and goodwill, safety.”
I cleaned and set up the Temple the night before so that everything would be prepared for this morning. Rising before the beginning of the first Hour of Jupiter on this fine Day of Jupiter, I performed a ritual bath with hyssop. I then put on my scapular of Saint Cyprian, a veritable Cyprianic phylactery, as well as my white Solomonic robe, Rings, rosary of Saint Cyprian, Cyprianic bracelet of Tiger’s Eye, Amethyst, and Bone, red socks embroidered with roses, nemyss, and Stole.
Entering the Temple, with my belly aching lightly from fasting, I lit two candle as offerings to the Most High and made Offerings to Saint Cyprian of Antioch of bread, spring water, a purple candle, and incense and asked him to aid me in the day’s Operations that I might consecrate these 2nd Pentacles of Jupiter to become efficacious in attracting good fortune, wealth, favour, spiritual depth, and peace of mind.
My approach to these Second Pentacles of Jupiter, taken from the Key of Solomon, is progressively Cyprianic, although also highly grounded in Solomonic methodologies. The idea occurred to me to take round tin boxes painted with Gold–Agrippa’s Three Books of Occult Philosophy list both Gold and Tin as metals of Jupiter–and carve the Pentacle into these. Inside the box, I would place the petition, as well as a small bag, not quite a proper gris-gris or Mojo bag, but influenced by the basic idea of these folk magical Hoodoo methodologies. This bag would contain a mixture of Jupiterian ingredients designed to amplify the power of the Talisman. I consulted with Saint Cyprian about what to include and he nudged me towards a rather fascinating blend. The bag to be placed inside the Pentacle included:
- 4 Agrippan Jupiterian ingredients of Oak leaf, Basil, Sugar, Maple leaf
- 4 spoons of soil collected outside 4 different banks, all in the Hour of Jupiter under a waxing Moon
- A coin depicting a Jupiterian monarch – the head of a monarch also happens to be the Picatrix talismanic emblem for the Lunar Mansion of al-Haqah, so the symbolism works on two levels.
Saint Cyprian also gave me an intuitive nudge to write Sachiel’s Sigil from the Heptameron in consecrated Solomonic ink on the outside of the bag in Jupiterian blue as well as the Sigil of Iophiel, the Intelligence of Jupiter.
I blended all of the ingredients and completed the drawing on the bag all within the Hour of Jupiter on the Day of Jupiter. I placed the bags on the Altar, which was covered in a blue cloth. My consecration method would be a combination of the Key of Solomon as well as Balthazar’s Solomonic candle magic method, all overseen by Saint Cyprian and performed on his Altar. The result is a loving combination of potent techniques from both the Solomonic grimoire tradition and the Cyprianic folk magical tradition synergized together for a common aim.
I sounded the Solomonic Bell of Art three times before entering the Circle, as per the Hygromanteia, then sounded the Bell to each of the full Quarters, as per the Key of Solomon, saying “I greet and bless the Spirits of the (direction) with great love and respect in the name of Adonai!” I continued greeting the Spirits of the Above and Below and all other directions.
I then unwrapped my Solomonic Wand from its white covering and began preliminary prayers. to God, declaring my intention for the day’s Rites and asking el-Shaddai for help and blessings in completing them successfully. I also requested the Angels and Archangels and Saint Cyprian of Antioch to aid me as well and clarified that my intention is to be able to provide for my family as comfortably as possible as well as to then be enabled to be of greater service to humanity through the good fortune bestowed upon us, recalling the Biblical meaning of blessing as goodness conferred on an individual in order to be bestowed upon and extended to others.
I then used my Aspergillum of Art, made as per the specifications of the Key of Solomon, to sprinkle Solomonic Holy Water around the Circle and called upon all of the Angels, Divine Names, and Archangels whose named are inscribed thereon to assist with the Rites. I lit an Offering of incense to the Angels I would be working with today, namely, Archangel Sachiel as well as the Angels Tzedeqiah, Netoniel, Parasiel, and Devachia. Throughout the actions that followed, Psalms were continuously recited to purify and begin to consecrate the Circle, Altar, Temple, and all items on the Altar.
Using a Solomonically consecrated white chalk marker, I drew the Sigil of Jupiter and Sigil of Sachiel from the Heptameron on the central Vigil candle to be offered unto him. I then took up a consecrated blue chalk marker and drew the First Pentacle of Jupiter on the Tablet of Lights, a consecrated plate used for this purpose in Balthazar’s method. The Tablet of Lights was consecrated last April and intended for today’s ritual on December 20th, a fact which may offer some idea of how long I have patiently waited to do the day’s workings. Ah the joys of Renaissance magic!
The rationale behind using the First Pentacle in this way is that, as the Key of Solomon says, this Pentacle “serveth to invoke the spirits of Jupiter, and especially those whose names are written around the pentacle, among whom Parasiel is the lord and master of treasures, and teacheth how to become possessor of places wherein they are.” It should be noted that one reason the Second Pentacle is useful for finding hidden treasures is that Parasiel is also invoked in consecrating it.
The Second Pentacle, by the way, is described by the Key as being “proper for acquiring glory, honors, dignities, riches, and all kinds of good, together with great tranquility of mind; also to discover treasures and chase away the spirits who preside over them.” According to Idries Shah’s Secret Lore of Magic, it was this Pentacle, drawn on a piece of parchment, that was found on the body of Anselm Franz Reichsgraf von Ingelheim, Bishop of Würzburg and alleged alchemist, on the night of his death, 9 February 1749. According to Shah, “It has been said that this was the powerful talisman which caused him to rise to such heights, and to gain wealth and power, as well as evading all of the traps of his many enemies.”
Having completed inscribing the First Pentacle of Jupiter on the Tablet, I dressed the candles with St. Cyprian Oil, pulling the oil towards me in the Hoodoo way. I then dressed the Vigil candle with Holy Anointing Oil and Basil. After some final prayers and Psalms, I closed the Temple, just as the Hour of Jupiter came to an end.
Phase II – Second Hour of Jupiter
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Sun Phase: Noon
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous (151 degrees) in 0 degrees Gemini/cusp of Taurus
Mansion of the Moon: #5, al-Haqah
Planetary Day: Day of Jupiter
Planetary Hour: Second Hour of Jupiter
Activities: Solomonic Ritual Bathing with Hyssop; Psalm recitations; Inscribing and Engraving the Pentacles and a Jupiter Ring; Exorcising the tools.
For this second phase, I was joined by a Soror from our Order, Soror C.R. As it turned out, this was the first Solomonic ritual in which she had ever participated as she had hitherto been a solely G.D. Magician. Of the two Pentacles crafted today, one was for yours truly and one was for her, thus it seemed appropriate for her to be present and assist in the Operation.
We both performed separate hyssop baths and then donned our ritual regalia. The moment the Hour of Jupiter began, Psalm recitations did as well and I set about inscribing and engraving. First, I used my Solomonic Burin of Art to engrave the perimeter passage from Psalm 112:3 onto the two Pentacles, but instead of placing it in the circumference, I inscribed it on the flip side of the Pentacles or inner lid of the box. The passage reads “Wealth and riches be in his house, and his righteousness endureth forever.”
Next, I drew the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter on each gold and tin lid in Solomonically consecrated blue Ink.
Then, I followed the guideline of the blue to engrave the Pentacles with my consecrated Solomonic Burin of the Art. Since I had drawn the symbols freehand without the aid of rulers or squares, the lines were rather rough and imperfect, but I was still quite happy with the end result:
I then wrote out personalized Petitions for myself and for Soror C.R. for her Pentacle, each containing our individual names. I placed these in the pseudo-gris gris bags, which I then placed inside the Pentacles and the physical crafting was complete.
With the Pentacles thus completed, I immediately proceeded to engrave the inner band of a gold Ring with an Ancient Greek pattern with the Sigil of Jupiter, the Heptameron‘s Sigil of Sachiel, and in the small amount of space that remained, an N. for Netoniel, a Hebrew letter Tzaddi for Tzedeqiah, a D. for Devachiah, and a P. for Parasiel.
With limited time to spare, we quickly proceeded to the Temple. Once again, I sounded the Solomonic Bell of Art three times and Soror C.R. sounded an additional set of Tibetan Bells before we entered the Circle, as per the Hygromanteia, then sounded the Bell to each of the full Quarters, as per the Key of Solomon, saying “I bless the Spirits of the (direction) with great love and respect in the Name of Adonai!” We continued greeting the Spirits of the Above and Below and all other directions, then we formally opened the Temple.
After some preliminary prayers, I sprinkled the Circle with Holy Water using my Aspergillum, and we proceeded to do the Exorcisms of all of the tools. For the passages that had set verses from the grimoire, we recited them in unison. The effect was strikingly powerful. We began by exorcising the Fire and Incense, then the First Pentacle of Jupiter on the Tablet, followed by the two 2nd Pentacles of Jupiter, sprinkling with Holy Water and suffumigating with Solomonic Incense. We proceeded in the same way, exorcising and blessing the Offering Candles for the Archangel Sachiel and his five subsidiary Angels, Netoniel, Parasiel, Devachiah, and Tzedeqiah.
By the time we completed the Exorcisms, we began to become aware that the atmosphere in the room had completely changed. The atmosphere of sacred solemnity that I have grown to know and love about the Solomonic current had set in. Soror C.R. later described the feeling as a feeling of “heaviness.” Out of the corners of my eyes, sparks of light could be seen flashing around the Circle. There were Spirits about.
We stated our petitions and intentions and prayed from the heart to the Most High that they come to pass, thanking God that He is a Good Father who never fails to give good gifts and help those who call upon Him. I referenced Luke 11: 5-13, in which Christ says
7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8 For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.
9 Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?
11 So if you who are evil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good things to those who ask Him?
12 In everything, then, do to others as you would have them do to you. For this is the essence of the Law and the prophets.”
We prayed from the heart to be blessed that we might bless others, to have shared with us that we might share with others, just as it was written of Abram, that having been blessed, he would “become a blessing,” as in Genesis 12:2-3, in which God promised him that:
“I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and youwill be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”
We prayed that these Pentacles might increase God’s Glory, not our own, and that the Divine Power might flow through them like rivers through a riverbed.
As we finished the prayer, I became aware of a sensation behind us in the West. It felt bright, warm, soothing, vibrating, almost humming with benevolent, but absolutely staggering power. I whispered to Soror C.R., “do you sense anything in the room?” She said, “yes, there is an Angel nearby…” I asked which direction she sensed it coming from. Confirming my own intuition, which I had not told her, she said: “behind us.”
We turned to face the direction of the invisible Presence. I greeted the Spirit with great love and respect and the blessings of the Most High, inviting it, if it so wished, to convey unto us a sign of its presence or a vision or image as it willed. A wave of loving warmth seemed to waft toward us from the West, not visible to the eyes, but very sensible and comforting. Then, our eyes closed. We received visions that we did not share at the time, but shared later as we debriefed our experience together. Both of us had felt what we both described as a purifying presence that felt like it was falling down upon us. For me, this appeared as a large hand, almost like the Aces in the Tarot, hovering over us and showering a golden light through us, the Circle, and the Altar. Soror C.R. experienced it as a powerful waterfall pouring down on us and purifying us.
Behind it, we both sensed the Angel. Soror C.R. later told me that she could sense it, but not see it. As I probed behind the hand and the golden light, I got another image, a flash of a blue robe and large wings and what seemed to be a red over-robe or vest over the blue robe. It was a presence that commanded authority, but with kindness not tyranny, a loving presence, vast and expansive. It was one I recognized as I had worked with him in the Past. It was none other than Archangel Sachiel, Archangel of Thursday and the Sphere of Jupiter.
I was completely surprised for him to turn up spontaneously. I had intended to invoke him in the Third Hour of Jupiter, but not yet. His Sigil was on the Altar, but he had not been conjured. I had only given him an offering of incense earlier on, which I had also offered to Netoniel, Parasiel, Tzedeqiah, and Devachiah The smoke then had done some curious things, first splitting into two distinct streams that moved almost parallel to the Altar’s surface, and then billowing upwards in an ever-expanding cone that resembled a tornado. I felt a wave of love for Sachiel and I received an image of a smile from him. I thanked him for his presence and offered him love, blessings, respect, and gratitude. I asked if he would come again to help us in the Third Hour of Jupiter to consecrate the Pentacles and I received an affirmative answer. Then, his presence gradually faded out. He was gone.
We offered final prayers and then closed the Temple. After the ritual, I asked Soror C.R. what she thought of the Solomonic current as compared to the G.D. current with which she was familiar. She said that the Solomonic current felt “heavy… almost like a thick fog.. and old, far older than the G.D. current… serious, yet beautiful.” I couldn’t have said it better myself.
Phase III – Third Hour of Jupiter
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2018
Sun Phase: Evening
Moon Phase: Waxing Gibbous (151 degrees) in 0 degrees Gemini/cusp of Taurus
Mansion of the Moon: #5, al-Haqah
Planetary Day: Day of Jupiter
Planetary Hour: Second Hour of Jupiter
Activities: Solomonic Ritual Bathing with Hyssop;
After my third hyssop bath and Soror C.R.’s second, we were at last prepared to call the Archangel and Angels for assistance in consecrating the Pentacles and Ring of Art.
As before, I sounded the Solomonic Bell of Art three times and Soror C.R. sounded an additional set of Tibetan Bells before we entered the Circle, as per the Hygromanteia, then sounded the Bell to each of the full Quarters, as per the Key of Solomon, saying “I bless the Spirits of the (direction) with great love and respect in the Name of Adonai!” We continued greeting the Spirits of the Above and Below and all other directions, and formally opened the Temple. While ringing the Bells to greet the spirits of the directions, Soror C.R. later told me that she had felt “a response from each direction of the spirits, as if they were acknowledging our greetings and work.”
We began by placing the Pentacles and Ring atop the Tablet inscribed with the First Pentacle of Jupiter, beside the candles to be offered to the Angels. After some preliminary prayers to the Most High, I sprinkled the Circle with Holy Water using my Aspergillum of Art, and we began the Conjurations. We first did the Prayer from the Heptameron to assist with calling the Spirits. I then performed the Conjuration of Sachiel from the Heptameron. As the Conjuration came to a close, I felt the dawning of a sense of “vibration” or “spiritual humming” around the Circle along with a sense of loving warmth, which alerted me to the great Archangel’s arrival. Soror C.R. later related to me that at this time, she saw an image of white wings flapping, a kingly sword, and then a hint of a red vest that puzzled her.
When I later told her that the spirit who had spontaneously appeared in our earlier ritual, whom I had recognized as being Sachiel, appeared to me as wearing a red vest-like vestment, her draw dropped in awe. To me, this was a powerful lesson that spirits may not always take the form we expect–she had expected to see blue, not red–but that we should avoid filtering our clair-perceptions lest we distort the truth of what the spirits are showing us. Soror C.R.’s sense of Archangel Sachiel as like a “benevolent ruler” who is “very powerful, but wiling to listen to us” very much echoed my own sense as well.
We then made an opening prayer requesting Divine help and clarifying that we were not performing this ceremony to glorify ourselves or challenge the Most High, but rather to show His Glory, Presence, and power, and humble ourselves before it. We offered incense to God as an offering at this time.
Having conjured the great Archangel by the Divine Name of EL (אל), we lit a Vigil dressed in Solomonic Holy Anointing Oil dressed with Basil, sacred to Jupiterian Spirits as per Agrippa’s Three Books of Occult Philosophy. The candle began to flicker brightly when we completed the offering, suggesting his acceptance thereof.
We then asked for the Archangel’s help in conjuring four subservient Angels by his name. We then proceeded to call Netoniel, and offered him a blue candle–all candles were sprinkled with Holy Water in the last session. All five offering candles, it is worth noting, were placed on the First Pentacle of Jupiter, which in the Key of Solomon, facilitates the calling of spirits of Jupiter.
Both Soror C.R. later shared with one another that the sense of Netoniel that we had had was that his energy felt “severe,” not mean, but certainly serious, focused, and of a no-nonsense nature. He exuded a sense of efficiency that tempered the sense of severe kindness he exuded.
We then conjured the Angel Tzedeqiah by the names of EL and Sachiel. When he arrived, a sense of compassion and loving warmth entered the Temple from his quarter. We offered him his candle. Soror C.R. said that she felt her personality “resonated more with Tzedeqiah than with Netoniel as we seem to have a seemingly loving and patient nature.”
Next, we conjured Devachiah by the names of EL and Sachiel. When he arrived, we had a sense of a more dominating sense of rationality or intelligence, or perhaps more properly, wisdom.
Finally, we conjured the Angel Parasiel by the names of EL and Sachiel. He gave Soror C.R. a sense of “safety” and presented to me as having a sense of “gentle joy or good-humor.” As the Angel who knows the locations of hidden treasures, this seemed appropriate. When I later shared this with Soror C.R., she smiled and said “yes! That’s exactly it! Like he was smiling about his hidden knowledge, not arrogantly, but kindly.” We agreed that he was classically jovial in the sense of good-heartedly jolly and pleasant.
In short, it seemed to us that Netoniel presented as if he were “doing his duty” to Sachiel by being there, Tzedeqiah presented as “loving this,” Devachiah presented as “enjoying the wisdom and thought of the process,” and Parasiel seemed to be “excitedly appreciative and curious.” Sachiel seemed to have all four of these qualities in perfect balance. Soror C.R. felt that Sachiel was “not towering over them, but that the other angels were clearly deferring to him respectfully.”
Next, we offered bread and incense to St. Cyprian. We then offered the Archangel and the Four subsidiary Angels incense of Applewood, Apple being sacred to Jupiter as per Agrippa and classical lore, and also gifts of unleavened bread, which has resonances of Jupiter through Divine provision and its association with Christ in the modality of King of Kings. We then made a prayer to the Most High, saying “in worship of Your splendor, we give you these gifts in the name and honour of thy fair Angels.” In this way, we differentiated our practice as veneration and not idolatrous worship.
Then, we presented our petition to St. Cyprian, the Archangel, the Angels, and the Most High, repeating the powers of the 2nd Pentacles of Jupiter as per the Clavicula, and asking that they bless, consecrate, empower, and enliven these Pentacles and this Ring with their virtues to bring them to life to effect their purposes as designed. We then suffumigated the Pentacles and Ring one at a time while requesting the help of each spirit in turn, cleansed each with Solomonic Holy Water, and finally anointed them with San Cipriano Oil.
During the suffumigations in the smoke of the incense offered to the Spirits, Soror C.R. later said that she sensed “the connection between the spirits and the Pentacles and Ring growing stronger as they were strengthened by the connection between the offerings and the Spirits.” When we asked the Angels if they would assist us in this way, Soror C.R. told me that she received an images of all of their wings flapping in unison as if to show their agreement.
With the Pentacles and Ring thus consecrated, we invited the spirits to share with us any messages they had for each of us in particular. At this time, Soror C.R. received two messages that she experienced as being “whispered in my ears.” Soror C.R. confessed that at this point of the ritual, she had been feeling rather unworthy and ashamed to be in the presence of the Angels, as if she did not deserve to be there. The messages she received were so beautifully fitting of these compassionate beings, for they were messages of encouragement and consolation. Tzedeqiah reassured her that she was indeed “safe, and did not need to be scared of these types of things, as you are protected, dear one.” Another message from Sachiel himself told her that she was “wonderful and lovable as you are, and that you could indeed persevere with the practice as you have the power and potential to do so. Know that you are supported in your endeavours and development.”
Before closing, we composed a final and separate spell. We requested that if it be in harmony with their nature and the Divine Will, if the Archangel and Angels could assist us in applying the power of the Pentacles to benefit us or our family through the lottery so that our needs could be taken care of and so that we could be of better service to others. Amazingly, in my entire history as a Magician, I had never before done a lottery spell before this day. But I was curious to see what would happen, so we went for it. Both Soror C.R. and I received a sense that they approved of the request.
We thanked the Angels for their help and presence and invited them to enjoy the offerings as long as they wished and to depart at their leisure with the blessings of the Most High and our own love, respect, appreciation and friendship. We informed them that we would immediately go purchase a lottery ticket while carrying the Ring and consecrated Pentacles and asked them to assist and accompany us. We said that we would then return the ticket, the Pentacles and the Ring to the Altar if they wished to continue working upon or blessing them and leaving it open to them. We received a clear and warm sense that they understood.
We then ran the Bells of Art over the Pentacles and Ring to give them an additional level of blessing and consecration, following Agrippa as discussed in my Bells and Trumpets article. Finally, we greeted, blessed, and thanked the Spirits of the Directions by the Bells a final time and formally closed the Temple.
Day 1 – Wishing to purchase our ticket as close after the Hour of Jupiter as we could, we immediately changed out of our robes and into ordinary clothes and rushed to the nearest store which sold lottery tickets. We had our eyes set on a special 25$ Celebrations Quebec Lottery Ticket, because we figured, if we were to do this, surely we should go all the way with it.
When we reached the store, we proceeded to the lottery ticket counter and I made a small prayer to EL and to Sachiel, Netoniel, Tzedeqiah, and Devachiah, asking for their aid. We asked to purchase a Celebrations ticket and were shocked at what happened next. The cashier’s face lit up and she loudly announced to the cashier in the next lane and to us, “we just sold my last Celebrations ticket! Not only that, but it was the 1000th ticket sold by the store! Congratulations!”
Soror C.R. and I, who had agreed to split whatever winnings we should come by if any 50/50, looked at each other with humbled amazement. We thanked the clerk and took our ticket with us. The grand lottery will be announced on January 13th, but there will be other daily draws leading up to it, so we shall keep our eyes on the website for daily results.
Even so, we are already grateful beyond belief to the Angels by what we have experienced thus far and will continue to document any other results we obtain with updates to this post.
Before leaving, the clerk encouraged us to place a raffle ticket for a draw from the store in a box near the door. We filled it out and placed it into the slot while holding it between our two Jupiter Pentacles! Perhaps it too will, pun intended, bear fruit from this grocery.
Day 2 – The candles offered to the four subsidiary Angels have all burned smoothly down to the surface of the Tablet. The Vigil of Sachiel continues to burn strongly and powerfully.
Day 3 – The Vigil of Archangel Sachiel continues to burn strongly with no soot on the walls of the Vigil and no cracking, all good signs from an Esperetismo and Hoodoo candle-reading perspective.
The Pentacles, Ring, and lottery ticket remain on the Altar. Tomorrow, I will borrow the Pentacle and Ring to perform cryptoconsecratio on them and consecrate them by Mass at Church. I will also bring the ticket to be blessed and pray over it.
This morning, Soror C.R. told me about a fascinating vision she had received from Sachiel last night. She had been thanking him for helping us as she was dozing off to sleep, when he suddenly appeared to her. This was her account of what happened next, which was beautiful and inspired her with an idea for a new magical vestment:
“I was feeling very humbled that he helped us when suddenly I received an images of flapping Angel wings. I felt a sensation, in my mind’s eye, that he took me under his wing. We began to fly together over a forest area. We ended up on a mountain and it felt like he was showing me that I didn’t have to be scared of anything…
He then gave me a red vest to wear, as if to say “here. You have the power now.” I could see myself wearing it. And I knew immediately it was a symbol of power. It looked just like the same vestment you told me you had seen and which I had also seen independently of us telling each other. And now I feel like I have this vest in me, to show me not to be afraid.
The symbolic meaning of the vision seemed to be that everything is vast and that I could explore without fear. I also feel that he showed me Nature because he knew I also had a deep connection with Nature. After this mini-initiation, I feel different, more sensitive, more attuned, and more aware of my power.”
When she told me about Sachiel showing her the forest, I was filled with awe. For he had also shown me a similar scene during my Invocation of him on the 4th day of my 2018 Novena to Saint Cyprian, a fact which I had never shared with her and that she had not read before. Hearing this, Soror C.R.’s mouth fell open in wonder at the overlap in our visions of the great Archangel once again.
I asked her if she would consider making a physical version of the red vest she had seen in her vision, perhaps embroidered or painted with his Sigil from the Heptameron, the Seal of Jupiter, the Qamea of Jupiter, and so on. I also offered to help her with it if she had any questions about techniques or how to proceed. She said she had had a similar idea and would be interested in pursuing it. When done, she can ask Sachiel himself to consecrate it.
Day 4 – Sachiel’s continue continues to burn brightly and cleanly.
Today, Soror C.R. and I attended Church and performed cryptoconsecratio by Mass to add an additional layer of consecration and empowerment on this most auspicious day, Christmas Sunday. As an exercise, we esch consecrated each other’s Pentacles.
At night, Soror C.R. received another nudge from Archangel Sachiel. It pulled her towards the Temple. She entered the Temple, knelt in front of the Crystal ball and began to scry. She saw a mouth falling open as if, after previously being shut, it finally gained the ability to freely speak the truth.
She emerged from the Temple and expressed to me what she had seen. Beyond this, she had received a message from Sachiel that she was to do something she has not done in 20 years — contact her estranged mother. Finally, after the visions she received from the great Archangel, she felt that she finally had the strength to confront her mother about some of the traumatizing experiences she had had with her which caused her to run away from home at the age of 16. Never in the four years I had known her had she ever even considered reconnecting with her mother.
And yet, in a true miracle, she did it. She called her up, and the two had a tearful and profound 4-hour conversation with a woman she had not spoken to in 20 years. Seeing this, I was in utter awe. Something she had considered impossible had happened. By the end of the conversation, they were laughing together… It was nothing short of an utter and complete miracle. And it was all made possible by the great Archangel Sachiel, glory be to God! If that is not practical magic, what is?
Day 5 – As the Vigil continues to burn cleanly, Soror C.R. and I took our Pentacles and my Ring to the auspicious Christmas Eve Mass.
There, we each performed cryptoconsecratio of the Jupiter Pentacles and Ring at the sacred moment of the transubstantiation of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ, as recommended in Liber Juratus Honorii, the Sworn Book of Honorius. At this same auspicious moment, I also reconsecrated by Mass my Runes and 8 year-old Talisman of Venus. I invited Archangel Sachiel, and his holy Angels Netoniel, Devachiah, Tzedeqiah, and Parasiel to touch each of the implements in turn and bless them. The effect was palpable, warm, and ecstatic. The Christmas Eve Mass-consecrated tools seemed to positively hum with power.
Towards the end of the service, we lit a Candle, which I offered unto the Most High. I then scryed into the Candle and asked Archangel Sachiel if he had anything to show me. After a few minutes of scrying, images came into view as the sounds and sights of the singing Church fell into the background…
I saw light streaming into a green forest through the canopy of trees. Down on the ground, I saw a white sheep who seemed to have strayed from the herd. I saw myself clad in simple shepherd’s clothes. I picked up the sheep and carried it back to the other 99 sheep I had left behind to seek out the one who had strayed. The reference was clearly to the famous parable of Jesus, which illustrated Divine Love for humanity as being like the shepherd who left the 99 to save the one lost sheep. To quote the text:
Luke 15:1-7 – The Parable of the Lost Sheep
1 Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus.
2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”
3 Then Jesus told them this parable: “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them.
4 Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?
5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders
6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’
7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
I asked Sachiel if I should place hairs from my and Soror C.R.’s heads into the Pentaclez tonlink them to us sympathetically and metonymically. He said “May it be so.”
I then felt Sachiel’s warm voice speaking into mind some longer words of guidance. Clearly, he spoke, saying:
“Use the power and blessings you are given to empower and bless others. You are responsible for the gifts you are given. Go after the lost, the alone, the persecuted and the abandoned and bring them back to hope. Strengthen them as you have been strengthened. Help them as you have been helped. Then you will honour God as you have been honoured.”
I told him I would do this as best I could and thanked him and the other Angels sincerely for their help. Then the room faded back into focus and I lost myself in ecstatic devotional praise to the Most High, praising and glorifying Him in heartfelt love and gratitude for all He has done and all He is still to do.
Day 6 – The Vigil continues burning brightly. Hail to you, great Archangel Sachiel!
Today, I bought a 58 inch 4K TV, regularly 800$ plus tax for the amazing price of 400$ plus tax! Glory be to God! I also received more than generous gifts from my family, to whom I offered gifts in kind. No results from the lottery ticket yet.
Day 7 – In the morning, Sachiel’s candle continued to burn strong and clean all the way down to the very bottom of the Vigil. As Sachiel had instructed, we placed some of our hairs inside the Pentacles to link them more intimately to us.
Soror C.R. and I went shopping today while carrying the Jupiter Pentacles and both got amazing deals. She also got an intuitive nudge from Sachiel that he was fond of a beautiful Angelic-themed plate. She purchased it to show her gratitude to him and to Netoniel, Tzedeqiah, Devachiel and Parasiel for the amazing things they had already done. She intends to use it for food Offerings. I purchased one in a similar style for small candle Offerings to show my own gratitude. When we went to the cash to pay, we found that both had been significantly discounted!
Later on, when I checked the Temple, I was happy to find that on this 7th Day, the Vigil had completed its burning all the way down to the base of the candle. Only the Basil remained in a neat little pile. Hail to thee, great Angels!
Day 8 – Day of Jupiter – I received an email from the Provincial government of Quebec saying that I had received a message from AFE, the Department that governs student loans. I have a student loan at the moment to assist in completing my final year of clinical social work at McGill University. Worried that they were going to claim that I owed them more money after fiscal recalculations, as often happens to students, I hurried to open the message:
Opening the email, I found that the government had indeed completed fiscal recalculations. However, I did not owe them more money. On the contrary. After their reviewing my file, they decided that I owed them less money!
In fact, they had decided to dramatically convert part of my loan into a bursary which I would not have to repay, a whopping 8,487.00 $!
Glory be to God! Reading this, such gratitude overwhelmed my heart that I did not know how to express it. I immediately fell into praising and glorifying God for His great beneficence, and thanking and honouring His mighty Angels. I feel humbled and honoured beyond what words can say…
Were the latter my only results for the day, I would have been more than satisfied. However, as it turned out, the spirits had more in store to me.
I went to two guitar stores to look at various acoustic guitars. Some were decent, but none were clicking as feeling “right” to me.
Carrying my 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter, I decided to try a third and final store, one I had never been to before. My parents, who are both highly adept musicians and were both members of a fantastic rock band called Sky and later the Ravlers in the 1960s and 1970s, accompanied me. When we arrived at the store, we were told that they had only been open in the current location for 3 weeks.
We proceeded to the acoustic room and tested out various guitars not only for texture and profile of the sound, but also crafting quality, wood balance, warping of the neck, cleanness of the neck finish, absence of buzzing on the higher notes. We tested evrrything from high-end Taylors and Martins to more affordable Seagulls and Epiphones.
Then my mother flicked the strings of one particular guitar and her response was simply “wow!” She, I, and my father all tested it and we were all blown away by it. It was a sexy red wine-coloured beauty of fine wood and elegant crafting. Easily a 500-dollar guitar, it fell in the upper end of my price range.
Did I pay 500 $, however? No. Instead, the store gave me this delectable beauty of a guitar for a mere 200$ with a free tune-up and set-up in 6 months added in! To say that I felt grateful and astonished beyond belief would be an understatement of cosmic proportions.
Other Results from Subsequent Days
To avoid excessively prolonging this article, other results from the Pentacles will be listed from this point onward not through daily updates, but in point-form as they arise.
- December 30, 2019 – When going to the store to purchase some beverages for New Years Eve while wearing the Pentacle, I came across a box of four bottles of cider, normally quite expensive. When I brought it to the cash, the cashier gave it to me for an astoundingly low price 4$ CAD or 2.94$ USD!
- January 3, 2019 – After Soror C.R. and I independently saw visions of the Archangel Sachiel wearing a red vest after invoking him via the Heptameron conjuration, Soror C.R. had a vision of him giving her a red vest to wear. The next day, I was directed to a store where I found a red vest exactly like the one she saw in her vision, which I purchased for her. The price tag said only 9$, but I ended up paying only 6$ due to an additional 30% reduction.
- On January 8, 2019 I returned to my work at the community health center for the first day since I consecrated the Pentacle with the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter on my person. Not only did I feel the “tranquility of mind” the Pentacle is described as producing while in my stressful workplace, but a number of “favours” and “dignities” came my way totally unasked for. One colleague gave me a full Kit Kat chocolate bar. Another gave me some gourmet bread. Then I was hinted by my supervisor that a promotion might be coming my way in the near future!
- January 8, 2019 – This same day, I was assigned a series of psychosocial evaluations to do. The new OCCI evaluations required a laptop to complete them and no social worker in my office had been given a laptop yet. To my surprise, and totally unexpectedly and without me asking, my supervisor’s supervisor decided to lend me her personal laptop to do my evaluations! Not only that, but she said I could borrow it from her any day I wanted! I was totally blown away. No one else in my office was given this honour and privilege…
- January 9, 2019 – In another stroke of “favour,” while carrying the Pentacle, I received an invitation from a Very Honoured Frater to appear on his podcast in the near future, which I will happily accept.
- January 12, 2019 – Here in Quebec, the provincial liquor commission stores offer loyalty points which can be redeemed for money towards purchases. While I was standing in line and carrying the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter, the man behind me–who had multiple expensive bottles of wine totaling a substantial number of points–unexpectedly asked me if I wanted all of his points! Both the cashier and I were surprised by this, but I accepted his kind offer with gratitude.
- January 13, 2019 – At last, the day came for the results of the Celebrations 2019 Lottery to be revealed. As Soror C.R. anxiously awaited the results, we remembered our petition to the Angels, “that if it be in harmony with the Angels’ nature and the Divine Will, if the Archangel and Angels could assist us in applying the power of the Pentacles to benefit us or our family through the lottery so that our needs could be taken care of and so that we could be of better service to others.” After the numbers were announced, Soror C.R. and I were surprised to find that we had won… a grand total of 0$!Moral of the story? Magic works, but not always in the ways we anticipate. It would have been pleasant for us to win some money through the lottery, but Soror C.R. and I have received more than enough benefits through these Pentacles already and I am tremendously grateful for it.Why was our spell not successful? It could have been for many reasons, like us not having been ritually pure for enough days beforehand, only managing to buy our ticket after the Hour of Jupiter had ended rather than the optimal time during the Planetary Hour, not investing enough energy into the Rite to bring about the intended result, not helping the Angels sufficiently with creating enchantable situstions through which to increase our odds of winning, and many other number of reasons. Most likely of all, however, is that although our spell shifted our probability of winning more in our favour, it did not do so enough to overcome the abysmally unlikely odds of winning the big jackpots. To quote Jason Miller,
“When I gave people in my course the assignment of stating a realistic yet difficult goal to achieve with magic, two of the first ten relayed that they wanted to win millions in the Lottery so they would be wealthy for life. It seems like this would be simple to effect with magic because it is random. In terms of probability though its not easy.
While it varies state to state, on average your chance of winning the big pot in a Lottery is one in 18 million. Your chance of being struck by Lightning is one in 2,650,000. About 45 times more likely than you winning the lottery. If you drive 10 miles to buy a lottery ticket, its about 30 times more likely for you to die in a car accident on the way than it is for you to win the Lottery. Also, given the amount of people that say they want to win the lottery with magic, you have all the competing magic out there aimed at any given pot.”
Thus, it was a very unlikely project from the outset and the benefits of the Pentacles have, therefore, been manifesting through paths of least resistance. In any case, we remain very grateful and humbled by this whole adventure. Glory be to God and hail to you great and holy Angels Sachiel, Tzedeqiah, Devachiel and Parasiel! Amen!
- January 18, 2019 – Soror C.R. ordered a pizza while carrying the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter. When the order arrived, she was surprised to find that they had made a mistake at the restaurant and added an Extra Large Pizza and medium fries, which they then proceeded to give to her for free!
- January 19, 2019 – I had been wanting to track down a new Altar for use in constructing an Ancestor Altar in my Temple. Carrying the Pentacle, I opened my door intending to go buy one, and literally across the hall from my apartment, I saw that my neighbour across the hallway had put out a table of the exact size I would need with a sign on it indicating that it was being given away for free! All I had to do was to open my door to see it, mere feet away from my door…
That same day, the daughter of that same neighbour, whom I had never spoken to in my life, randomly offered me a brand new living room chair and living room table made out of maple, 300$ worth of furniture. Shocked, I graciously and gratefully accepted it:
- January 23, 2019 – While carrying the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter, Soror C.R. received a cheque from the government for 1,100.00$, enough to pay off several outstanding bills she had been worried about. Meanwhile, on the very same day, while I was carrying the 2nd Pentacle, I received an unexpected transfer of 510.00$ from someone who had borrowed money from me months ago and which I was beginning to wonder when I would ever receive it back. Praise God and hail to thee, mighty Angels!
- January 30, 2019 – While carrying the favour-bestowing 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter, Soror C.R. was given the unique honour of being the only member of her team to be invited to attend a Press Conference with the Mayor of Montreal. Not only that, but she was invited and honoured to stand right next to the Mayor and assist the Mayor in giving out cupcakes! She was utterly blown away by this result, which she said she “never could have expected…” Shown below, the Mayor giving out a cupcake at the event in question:
- February 9, 2019 – Today, while carrying the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter, the cashier at an expensive cafe spontaneously decided to give me a free cappuccino when I went to buy only a croissant. I had a powerful prayer period in the Cathedral and filled up a bottle of Holy Water. I prayed for guidance, wisdom, healing, and to be of greater service to the Good and the Divine Will in all of my relationships. I felt such devotional love in that majestic Cathedral entitled Mary Queen of the World.I ended up meeting my Mentoring student at the Cathedral. He had never been to a Montreal Cathedral before and was moved by the sacred silence and beauty of the place. We went on to have a beautiful Mentoring session and then I watched with joy as this chronic procrastinator, my student, knocked out several hours of focused, productive work.Then, on my way home, I was standing waiting for the subway, I looked to the left and was amazed to see one of my former best friends standing there. He was just as shocked to see me. We talked out our former misunderstanding, healed the rupture in our relationship, and left each other with a hug and a big smile.
- February 14, 2019 – While carrying the 2nd Pentacle, I was standing with some other people waiting for a bus, which they told me had not come for over an hour. 5 minutes after I joined the line, an off-duty bus drove up to us, volunteered to drive us to the metro, and not only that, but let everyone on for free! I had never seen anything like this happen in my entire life.
- February 18, 2019 – While carrying the 2nd Pentacle, Soror C.R. was spontaneously offered a promotion and a raise within her department that she did not even ask for. She was absolutely stunned. The spirits seem to have been working behind the scenes to orchestrate the situation.
- February 19, 2019 – Upon arriving into work, my Supervisor asked me to submit a Cover Letter and CV. Her Supervisor’s Supervisor’s Supervisor had specifically invited me and only me–none of my colleagues–to apply for a new position and be fast-tracked straight to the final interview process before it is even posted for applications. If I succeed in that interview, I will be hired immediately to a position most people in and out of the organization did not know even existed. I am truly in shock… As if that were not sufficient, in the same day, I received another stroke of favour, namely, a message from Diana Gladii at Teurgia.Org, who kindly offered to translate my esoteric articles into Russian so that they could be accessible to Russian-speaking audiences via the website. I felt very honoured by the offer, which I graciously accepted.
- March 4, 2019 – While holding the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter, I ordered a pair of wireless headphones from Amazon. Due to a fortuitous glitch in Amazon’s system, I did not receive the headphones in the time stipulated by my 1-day shipping. As a result, Amazon refunding the entirety of the cost of the headphones and let me keep them for free!
- March 5, 2019 – My job interview for this significant clinical social work position went spectacularly well. I carried the 2nd Pentacle on my person while I did the meeting as well as my Ring of Jupiter on my right hand.
- March 22, 2018 – While carryjng the 2nd Pentacle, I received a phone call that against all odds, I had obtained the job! That same day, I came home to discover that my dear friend Anneliese had kindly gifted me a signed copy of Frater Ashen Chassan’s Gateways Through Light and Shadow! I felt overjoyed and beyond grateful for all of this.
- April 18, 2019 – The Pentacle continues to deliver. I ordered a 60$ brown leather backpack while holding the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter. However, when I received the backpack, the seller sent me a message to apologize for sending it in a slightly different shade of brown. This happened on my birthday no less — the seller stated that I could keep the backpack, but that they would refund the price of it completely. So I essentially got a free backpack with which I was very pleased.
- May 2019 – I began my new job and was blessed with tremendous help from people in authority in my workplace.
- June 2019 – I was offered a permanent position as lead Social Worker in a different establishment, an offer absolutely unheard of for someone who had only been working a temporary contract for 2 weeks. I ended up turning it down after a series of divinations since I love my current job and colleagues so much, but I was grateful for the offer nonetheless.
- July 2019 – Soror C.R. expressed a wish to work at home in her HR department despite no at-home positions existing at her work. Literally the next day, while carrying the Jupiter Pentacle, she was told that not only had a brand new at-home HR position opened up, but that she should apply for it. By that very night, the position was hers.
- August 3, 2019 – Today, I used the good fortune afforded by the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter to protect my sister’s outdoor wedding from rain even though there was a 90% chance of thundershowers.
- That same night,Soror C.R. forgot her own 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter at home. It was the first time she had forgotten to carry it on her person in a span of weeks during which she had seemed to be living a constant stream of good luck.
- That very night, she slipped, and slammed her face on a concrete floor. Today she was diagnosed with a concussion.
- Glory be to God! Hail to His mighty Angels Sachiel, Parasiel, Devachiah, and Tzadqiel, and to St. Cyprian of Antioch!
- August 4 to 31, 2019 – The 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter has continued to deliver fantastic results throughout this month. I carry it to work every day and the benefits are tremendous. Here are two notable examples. First, I was the only Social Worker on my team who was assigned another worker to help them enter paperwork into the system. Not only was I given an assistant to help me, but I was assigned not one, not two, but three people’s assistance throughout the month. No other Social Worker new or old has been given this favour from the higher-ups and it is so unprecedented that I can only attribute it to the graciousness of God working through His spirits and the Pentacle.
- As if that were not enough, a second miraculous favour from authority was bestowed on me. Ordinarily at my workplace, if a worker works too much overtime, not only are they not paid for that time, but they are penalized for it by the management. Management goes through all of their work and statistics about time usage and critiques them for their alleged inefficiency and insufficiency.
- Not so for me. I worked 100 hours of Overtime in 2 months in order to honour my ethical and professional responsibilities and to do everyting in my power to support my vulnerable elderly clients and younger clients with physical disabilities. When my manager was informed of all of the overtime I have been doing, I was called to a meeting. I attended the meeting while carrying the 2nd Pentacle of Jupiter. I expected to receive a punitive response.
- Instead, my manager not only helped me to develop a plan to reduce my Overtime hours, but also gave me two weeks of paid vacation! I was not even supposed to receive any vacation until next year. In fact, *no one* receives any vacation time in their first year at my work. I was utterly speechless at my good fortune. Glory be to God and blessings on His Holy Angels!
- December 6, 2019 – Soror C.R. carried the Pentacle into an important meeting with her boss today. To her amazement, she came out of it with a promotion to a new position and a whopping 10,000 $ annual raise…
- December 12, 2019 – Thanks to the good fortune that has flowed my way thanks to the Grace of God and His Holy Angels since I began carry this Pentacle, I managed tonight to completely finish paying off my student loans a mere 6 months after graduating. If that is not a magical feat, I know not what is. Praise God!